Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Changed

Photo
It's funny how you begin to get what you pray for and hate the box the gift comes in, or hate the wrapping paper, which makes us negotiate the pleasure of that gift.

I've been changed for the better, the worse, the different...... I've been changed.
On August 18, 2013 I had, had a really good day!
I went out to eat with a friend and hung out with a new friend and I was happy!
Made it home around 12am and around 1215 I heard gunshots about 4 to 5.
I called my neighbor to see if he had heard them and he wasn't home.
So around 12:30 I heard alot of gunshots, them seemed pretty close so I got on the ground.
All of a sudden I hear screams and I run to the door.....
To see one of my neighbors bloody on the ground about 5 steps from my door.
I watched him take his last breath, there is something about watching some die that changes you.
You will never be the you, you once were and you better strive to be a better than you could have imagine.
A matter of seconds and he was gone and the sound of him taking his last breath is one that plays in my head like my favorite song. That sound is tattooed there and I'll never forget it. Life is so fragile, so precious and regardless of who you are and what you do, you are loved and will be missed.
I said all that to say, I'm grateful, this change was necessary but unfavorable in it's occurance and the abruptness for change. They also shot my car in the crossfire, but had my car not been there, they would have shot into my apartment. I have all my pieces in the same functioning order and God still moves stones. I'm grateful. I have a shovel and I'm digging harder, smarter and with much more passion. I suggest you do the same. But whatever you chose, just be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment