Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm wrote this poem for my mom for Mother's day....
I'm not don't do cards too often, I usually write a poem and attach it to my gift.
My mom's name is Wanda (Wonderwoman)

Wonder Woman

Its funny how as teenagers
Moms were overgrown idiots
Whose primary goal is to embarrass us
And talk to us about what we’ve heard at school
God forbid she attempts to give us tools
So we’d be equipped for survival and life
I saw her as two wives
One happy and the other miserable
And it made her so believable
But remarkable
To see her sacrifice time, money, self and even her health
At the expense of our ungrateful, spoiled, greed
Her every day deeds were often overseen
Because it was expected
Her needs always neglected
Even when she was tired we were still
Connected, and she still did the mama thing
Cause she loved us with all she had
Even if she was mad
She held us close and let us go
All at the same time
She trusted her judgment and
Prayed for direction in leading us
She expressed affection
After careful inspection
She advocated correction
If her orders were defied
To show us cause and effect
She said
Never let a defect like being fatherless
Hinder your potential
Mark your mistakes with initials to remember the
lesson
Know that lunch money is a blessing
Not a demand
Her wishes became commands
That we lived to grant
Cause our mom was superhero
And we knew it, and we were
Given options
To grow up, slow up
Break up and fix up
But above all to rise up
Daily she reminded us that
Life aint always peachy’
I’m always here if you need
You and brother
All you have is each other
Never split up because of another or money
No matter how bad it looks
Something is always funny
Never settle for less than the best
Because you get lonely
Never sacrifice yourself & sanity for love
Because love has love
And doesn’t need that much
Don’t lean on your issues like a crutch
You have private places you one should touch
And if they do you tell me
She always supported our dreams
Been down for the team &
Comforted the players if they lost
And reminded them that the cost
Of losing is an afforded luxury
When we get tired of winning
Thick friends start thinning
Coming few and far between
Never let a man be king
If you aren’t his queen
Always have what you need
And some of what you want
You don’t have to flaunt to be seen
You don’t have to be sleep to have dreams
Stand for something or you’ll fall for anything
Fight for what you believe in
Or you’ll die in vain
Sunshine is more beautiful after the rain
Anything worth having costs a little pain
Nothing lost is nothing gained
Be yourself & never doubt your ability
Keep God first along with humility
You are above none and neither are you less
Give everything you do your best
Dollar signs don’t measure success
Character does
Dollar just measures materials
And though they are nice to have
They can dwindle fast
Put your faith in things that last
Look back at your past
And make peace with it
Continue to move forward
Life owes you no awards
You get rewards
For hard work and good deeds
Plant good seeds and grow fruitful trees
That way you never starve
It’s your own path you must carve
But do it with a plan
And options of a few doors
And she had no clue
The more she talked
The more I grew
The more she talked the more I listened
But mostly I paid attention
Made better decisions because of her
A book of lessons
I could look back and refer too
She never sheltered me from truth
Regardless how much it hurt
She always made me see my worth
Even when I didn’t want too
And Ill always be her #1 fan
Most kids watched her on TV
But I played in her band
She’s really my Mama
But incognito
I think she’s really Wonderwoman

No comments:

Post a Comment