Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter/Ressurection

I wrote this piece on July 16, 2011.
My grandmother's house had just burned down on the 13th, my grandfather's 70th birthday.
I'm so grateful, I never thought this day would make it..... I havent stopped crying since I read it this morning.

Never underestimate your own strength. You were born for a purpose and are blessed with the power to achieve it. -Leon Brown

I love the fact that I’m loved
But sometimes I hate the way He shows it
My best interest is always his priority
I often fight the urge to just roll with it
Some days breathing brings complications
Everyday routines can’t foresee
Washing clothes causes house fires
I still have to believe He knows what’s best for me
Even though my eyes can’t see
Past this moments pain or intensity
I still have to believe
My grandma said warriors pray for rain
When tomorrow feels hotter than today
And I can’t see my way out
Every dream I own is strapped to me in doubt
And I’m tired of trying to carry it all
I have to believe in mustard seeds
With unshakable faith that he’s heard my call
Daily I look for magic in simple deeds
Knowing that it has to be real
I pray to be content, though that’s rarely how I feel
And today I just want peace.
I want my bills to be paid
No stress about money
Grateful I’m not hungry
Laughing away the lonely
Doing what I love
Loving who I am
Living out my passions
Sharing my heart with the universe
Knowing that I’ve seen the worst
Because the best is yet to come
But takes his sweet time….
Time is so precious, so infinite
God is so magnificent
The mastermind behind all intricate
Details
He never fails
I still have to believe
Grace is out there and bigger than me
Unable to control it all on my own
Tired of fighting for power
Beat into submission
Praying for relief by the hour
Knowing that it’s coming
Just in due time
I listen to the lyrics
To rejuvenate my spirit
Knowing that better is almost here
Every tear
Every fear
For the past 4 years
Have brought me here
I was never promised
Pots of gold or even lucky charms
Like miracles, I just believe they exist
And on the days when I want to quit
I rush home to greet the sprinkler
Because the magic of rainbows appear
Just to remind me
Why I still believe in Him.
Grandma said warriors pray for rain
All rainbows have pots of gold
Appreciate its beauty
Let struggle bruise your soul
Stop trying to find the end
Just keep fighting


I'm still digging, still fighting and most importantly I'm still standing!
Grab your shovel... through the tears, I kept digging. I'm so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment