Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finished with one and on to the next

Last night I wrapped up shooting my first project.
And we watched a few clips and this indescribable joy/peace came over me.
I couldn't believe it was me, I really couldn't believe it was me.
I cried all the way home.
I remember last year, I went to a film festival called and saw a film called "In the Hive."
It was Michael Clarke Duncan's last film before he passed.
It was truly an amazing film by the very talented Robert Townsend.
That's the best movie, I've ever seen in my life. I cried while giving commentary (LOL)
I got to meet him and a few other celebrities that weekend.
Robert and I even sat and talked for a little while.
He was talking about climbing Mt. Kilamanjaro and how it's so high that you have to climb it at night. No one's allowed to climb it during the day you can see down and have a higher possibility of falling. It took 7 days to climb, and he had a bottle of champagne and planned on having a party when he got to the top. During the climb, they encountered mud, that was 2 feet deep and they climbed in the mud for two days. After the mud was the peaceful, serene, experience he was hoping for and the view was worth it's weight in gold. He wanted to turn around after a while, but he committed to the climb and made it to the top.
Once he got there, all he could do was break down and cry.

If we commit to whatever it is that we dream of and pray for, we have to know that there's going to be some mud involved. But if you keep climbing, it will be worth it's weight in gold.

I've been working on this opportunity for a long time, with no idea what I was aiming for.
I'm getting there and that's one thing I'm certain of.... I'm on my way.

I start shooting my next project this weekend and I'm more excited than I was about the first one.
So much has happened, I'm getting my legs back and it feels amazing.
I've learned so much, cried a lot and gained more, God is awesome. I'm grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment