Thursday, January 31, 2013

Inspired

I have to have some of the most talented friends ever!!!!
I love art and artists in all shapes, colors, fashions, mediums.
Poets, actors, musicians, writers, dancers, singers, comics, cooks and parents.
Yes! I did say parents.
Mamas are the best! Dads are just as awesome!
My mom is probably hands down my best friend.
I can remember a time where all I wanted to do was create, act, and act again.
Most artists arent traditional thinkers, we will starve for our art.
A real job is for people who are either boring or prefer stability.
I've always been one who was going to make it happen by any means necessary.
Anything I believe in enough to pursue, Ill see it through.
My mom would always say you shouldnt do this, you shouldnt do that.
Because she loves stability, I on the other hand love what I love and whatever that entails.
When I was 25 I was went to MD for an audition, for Mo'Niques Fat Chance.
A plus sized beauty pageant that was about uplifting full figured women.
I knew I was a shoe-in! I got there and I didn't make it. I gained an experience though.

Later on that year, I turned 26 and my mom got me the best card ever!!!!
It read "Daughter our thoughts and ideas don't always coincide but whatever you decide to do, you go for it and it makes me want to yell, Hey world look at my daughter isn't she amazing!"


That is truly the best card that I've ever received.
I knew then that she didn't always agree, but she respected it and even supported my madness.
We all need cheerleaders to keep us inspired, motivated and remind us we are loved.
She never told me what I couldn't do, she has always allowed me to be me and supported me regardless.

I'm so inspired..... (still diggin' I get it... in due time)

No comments:

Post a Comment