Saturday, February 2, 2013

Breaking out....

So Thursday, I missed Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. (I swear the sky won't fall in this time)
I went to a comedy show and tried stand up comedy.( I was dared to do it)
It was quite fun and the audience was great!
This was my second time and I didn't get scared, I made the whole three minutes.
The house was pretty full and I got quite a few compliments.
Since I didn't suck at it, I think I'm going to go again. Maybe even next week.

Yesterday I cooked for a family, I don't really know.
The mom was recently diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.
They have 3 children, one is autistic and another child has Down's syndrome and diabetes.
I was asked to help and I was honored to do so.
We may never meet, but I hope the meal I prepared was enjoyed.
Often times our gifts make room for us and it's not always to our benefit.
But doing this sparked something inside of me.
I think it would be cool, to sponsor dinners for families, with a parent with cancer if they have small children. It would lighten the load around the house.
This would be one less thing they'd have to worry about.
I think I'm going to check into this.
The person who delivered the meal, sent me a text message saying how much the family enjoyed it.
The oldest child told her that the whole church has been helping by sponsoring meals and this was the only one they didnt think was some kind of experiment LOL.
She tickled me, when she told me that.
I think I'm going to sponsor them another meal next week.
We never know what our ministry may be, but I'm sure mine is through food.
I use these hands and gifts that God gave me to myself, art and love.
That's how I praise God, I'm grateful that he chose me to be a vessel with such a gift.

Whatever your gift is, use it! There is no sense in being amazingly talented and no one knows but you.
Stop working for the money, it will come. Work for the love and it's not work, it's fun!
Your gift will always make room for you. ALWAYS!!!!
My favorite quote is by Erma Bombeck

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

If you gotta go, go empty. Leave a mark on this world and be the best whatever you chose to be!!!

I'm just getting started and I can't wait to see what's ahead. I'm so grateful!

God is awesome!!!!

Keep on diggin'......

No comments:

Post a Comment