Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Learning to forgive....

You cannot evolve unless you are willing to change. You will never better yourself, if you always cling to what was. -Leon Brown

Evolution should be inevitable. But often times we stunt our growth by holding on to our hurts, not forgiving, holding grudges. I had major issues with a family member and we didn't speak for 5 years. Because I felt I was owed an apology and that is a task that person is probably not equipped to perform. We have to meet people where they are and love them for who they are even when we don't understand them. Until recently I held the person accountable for what would make me feel better, not realizing that expecting them to apologize, was like asking them to walk on water. Well this person had a major life changing experience and I found out about it. I moved my hurt aside and called to check on them and in that instant, none of my feelings mattered. The only thing that mattered was healing, for the both of us. Today we talk alot more, and usually about nothing in particular. It's a great feeling, because I've trusted God in leading me to be a bigger, better person. I have no heaven or hell to place anyone. Luckily neither do they, and we can work on building a better relationship with no expecatations. I'm grateful. On the journey to my dreams, this is one of the issues that was blocking my growth and I feel so much freer for making a conscious decision to forgive and work on being better in every way.


Still diggin!

No comments:

Post a Comment