Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Going to leave footprints on the moon......

I saw this pic of the beautiful Lisa Raye, it read
"Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon"
If that didn't melt my butter!
I love it!
I alway's look for quotes or nice sayings to inspire/motivate me.
This past weekend when I watched Taraji P. Henson tell her story, she said her dad would tell her "You can't catch fish on dry land." She didnt understand it at the time.
He was simply saying, if it's not where you are, go where it is.
Alot of us keep sitting still waiting for whatever it is we dream of like it knows our address.
I'm a firm believer in chasing, whatever it is that I want bad enough to attain it!
My days in Texas have been rough! But everyone kept saying it takes 5 years before it gets good.
On many days I didn't think 5 years would ever get here. I didnt I'd stay in TX for 5 years waiting on better to get here. I'm grateful that I did. Better took its sweet time getting here and it was hard not  giving up.
So today I booked 2 catering gigs and finished my first article for a website.
I'm so excited my first batch of jars finally made it in today. There is going to be some serious sauce making around these parts!!!!!

My project for the month of March is going to be to complete my vision board.
Ill post everything, as I do it.
If you want to join I can also send the information out daily.
Or you can by the book that I'm going to follow The Creative Entreprenuer.


Rule 1. Figure out what you like to do.
What is that brings you the most joy about that process?
How can you make it your own?

Rule 2.
Don't give up your secrets and tell only as much as necessary.
Everyone is not happy for you and some of the closest people to you are the most jealous.
While personalizing your craft, do you feel like it's "real" work? Would you do it for free?

Rule 3.
Hustle. Work. Hustle more. Get ready for payday.
You better go get your blessing!!!!!
(If my blessing is resting at Central Market, and I'm standing in front of Kroger, we will never meet)
Surround yourself with things that reflect the life you want to live.
Do the things that you enjoy and find conducive to the passion you are pursuing.

Rule 4.
Don't give away all you have, give away enough for them to come back for seconds! (Now start charging!!!!)

Rule 5.Keep the faith in yourself. Know that God is able. Trust the process. Believe it will come true no matter what.

Grab your shovel and keep digging! ( I see a fleck or something in here)

2 comments: