Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waking up

Make every moment count,
Find a passion and pursue it.
Dream Big!
Fall in Love.
Believe in Magic.
Trust God.
Have faith.

So this morning I get this email, I forgot I was anticipating at one point.
I have a second audition for an infomercial.
I submitted months ago!!!!!
Around this time on Monday..... I be crippling a panel of judges who have yet to meet me.
I'm excited.

I remember a few months ago, going to church after all the drama with my previous business partners, feeling some kind of way, not so much defeated, just unsure.
But through the whole transition, I never cried, I think I felt more relief than anything.
People will try to ingratiate you, by trying to convince you that you need them more than they need you and usually it's the other way around. Insecure people usually want to make you feel like they feel and they don't think you have enough sense to realize that's what's happening.
I did alot for the start-up and I was never guaranteed anything simply because I was never given a contract stating shares or anything. Therefore, I gave away free labor and I pray that they continue to prosper. I haven't had to look back once.

Through that whole transition I learned some very valuable lessons.
1. Never invest more than you can stand to lose. (time, money, attention, energy, emotion, etc.)

2. Always trust your gut and believe what you see, it's probably accurate. ("Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces)

3.People can only make you feel how you allow them to make you feel. (Teach people how to treat you.)

4.Know that God can always turn the back of the line to the front..... He has all power.

5.Don't be afraid to fight and know that sometimes the biggest battleground is in your mind.

Get your shovel and keep diggin..... I believe in diamonds.

2 comments:

  1. TUDI!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I believe in Diamonds too. KEEP DIGGING!

    ReplyDelete