Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Setting goals.....

I used to set big goals and big goals only, and feel as though I was accomplishing nothing!
So now I set smaller goals leading to the bigger goals and I feel very productive.
Every month I make a goal sheet with 10 goals and I have the whole month to accomplish them.
They aren't big things, they are just necessary things.

My goal list for this month is:
1. Get my room/closet cleaned.*
2. Give away excessive items at least 3 garbage bags.
3. Finish my website.
4. Finish my business plan.*
5. Clean out my car.*
6. Edit my catering menu sheet.*
7. Finish editing my children's cookbook.
8. File the remaining legal paperwork.
9. File my taxes.* ( I did them myself)
10. Take photo headshots.* (It's my profile pic. What do you think?)

(* means these things are completed)

But I'm showing my list to show that it doesn't happen overnight and there is still other things to maintain in the route to success. We still have an everyday life that we must live and we can't devote 24 hours a day to our dreams. I've learned that making a list, helps me to accomplish more by seeing them disappear from my list. I write my new list in my dream book every month. My new list is due on the first of every month, sometimes I complete it a few days before. I usually try to have at least 8 of the 10 things completed by the 25 and the last two by the last day of the month. Some months I don't get them all but if I do 80% of my set goal I'm pleased with myself. Be realistic about what can and can't be accomplished in an allotted time frame. As with all things, progression is gradual and adheres to no schedule. Start researching your dream and making lists of things that need to happen in order to make it happen! Start by cleaning your closet, getting rid of old stuff and making room for new things. Organizing your closets actually helps clear your thinking. I'm known for having a junky closet and getting it organized has been it's fair share of work! But I'm still standing and making better decisions and I'm happy about it.


STILL DIGGIN'!!!! It's in there! (In due time)

8 comments:

  1. I like the head shot, you look like yourself, a professional and real cute!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the head shot as well. I'm always making to-do list with both short and long-term goals. They really do help me focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's the only way I feel like I'm moving!!!! Thank you so much for following me!!!

      Delete
  3. Seriously! I love your head shot. You look like Hollywood but I swear I would still know you on the street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm still the same ol' me! Love you Lisa!

      Delete
  4. Tudi, I think your outlook on life and your ideas are brilliant! It is a blessing to know you and I feel very inspired reading your blog. Keep your dream alive Tudi. I promise you can always find me in your cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you so much!!!!! It's rare that you meet people who are genuine and honest as you are. You are truly a gem ( a cubic zirconia) LOL!!!!! Just kidding I wouldn't trade you for anything! I'm grateful that God chose to allow our paths to cross.

      Delete