Monday, February 11, 2013

Yes I have....

I've seen setback after setback after setback!!!!
It's all apart of the process.
No matter how many backup plans I have to each plan.....
Sometimes you still face the inevitable.
But that doesn't give you permission to stop reaching.
Setbacks are setups for comebacks.

If we learn from everything that's holding or stopping us from progress, we set ourselves up for a greater comeback. Though at the time of the setback we are frustrated, because we now have to regroup and feel as though we have wasted time, effort and the easiest thing to do is to quit. But quitting is not an option to attain success. I've tried to stop with everything that I love, but when it's your passion, you can't quit. There is something in you that makes you keep going back. It's like an addiction. I am addicted to cooking, acting, writing and creating. I love what I love. I've learned to be unafraid of my gifts and use them to the best of my ability and in that usage, I gain new skills. We never know what road God is taking us on, but if you let him lead you will be amazed where you end up. I never thought that I would be 32, with no kids or husband. I planned to have a family when I was 30. I guess I tickled God because my plan and his plan didn't mesh..... I like his plan better ( I think) LOL. Sometimes we want certain things and while waiting, we wonder if he has forgotten us. No, he hasn't. There is something that we need to do, not do or get rid of before we get all of the desires of our hearts. Patience is a lesson in itself. Because Lord knows, my patience have been tried, tested, beat up and so on since this move to Texas. But it made me a better person. I used to pray for patience and the one thing I learned, don't pray for something you don't want to be tested on.


One of my favorite quotes was on Akeelah and the Bee (written by Marianne Williamson)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Challenge yourself to be more amazing today than yesterday and more amazing tomorrow than today.There is no time to be afraid of who you are, when you are what the world needs. When you begin to doubt yourself or ability ask the question "Where else are you going to get one of these?" referring to yourself and it may make you laugh, but it will certainly make you think. We are all authentically designed and we all have the power to be more than we are or ever thought we could be.  Find a passion commit to it and start digging and if you are already in pursuit......

Keep digging.... it's in there somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me and many others. Yes, it gets hard. That quote was once one of my favorites and I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for sharing your ups and downs with us and I wish you continued success peace and love...and patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pammie!!!!! Hey my love! I'm glad I could bless you with my words.

      Delete
  2. This is an inspiration to anyone that need to tap. into who they are.Ke!

    ReplyDelete