Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Strong, Courageous and Wise

Yesterday went really well.
I had an audition for an infomercial and it went pretty good!
No crying, no complaints.... I find out something in a few weeks.

When I first decided to move to Texas, I had no idea what was in store.
I just knew there was more opportunity than Arkansas could afford me.
On the drive down I kept playing one song, over and over and over again.

India Arie is one of my all time favorite artists hands down.
Acoustic Soul is probably my favorite album ever, it forced me to grow.....
Her lyrics were so on point with my life at that time and still relevant today.
Video, Strength, Courage and Wisdom, Beautiful, Simple, Wonderful!!!
That album is amazing! I still have yet to meet her or see her in concert.... Don't worry in due time!

But the song that really touches me is

Strength Courage and Wisdom

Verse 1
Inside my head there lives a dream that I want to see in the sun
Behind my eyes there lives a me that I've been hiding for much too long
'Cause I've been, too afraid to let it show
'Cause I'm scared of the judgment that may follow
Always putting off my living for tomorrow

It's time to step out on faith, I've gotta show my face
It's been elusive for so long, but freedom is mine today
I've gotta step out on faith, It's time to show my face
Procrastination had me down but look what I have found, I found

Strength, courage, and wisdom
And it's been inside of me all along,
Strength, courage, and wisdom
Inside of me

Behind my pride there lives a me, that knows humility
Inside my voice there is a soul, and in my soul there is a voice
But I've been, too afraid to make a choice
'Cause I'm scared of the things that I might be missing
Running too fast to stop and listen

It's time to step out on faith, I've gotta show my face
It's been elusive for so long but freedom is mine today
I've gotta step out on faith it's time to show my face
Procrastination had me down but look what I have found, I found

This song is truly a song any person with a dream should know.
You will doubt yourself, lose faith in God and yourself, question everything,
run from everything, search for the unknown and battle your mind for control.

It's a struggle to change your mindset.
Step 1: REMOVE THE WORD TRY FROM YOUR VOCABULARY!!!!! EITHER DO OR DO NOT, DON'T TRY. THAT WORD DOESN'T EXIST IN AFRICA. EITHER YOU DO OR YOU DO NOT...

Believe me I'm still a work in progress, because a setback had caused me to reevaluate and go through all of the emotions and try to maintain the balance of being who I am and am meant to be.
It's work, it's painful, it's beautiful, it's enlightening and it's so necessary.
Be bold, be amazing and accept the challenge to blossom!
Be the first person to believe in you and the rest will follow.
When I stopped seeking acceptance and validation from others, while in pursuit of these dreams, I became a much happier person. Because I believed and I pursued others followed by supporting me and taking interest in the developments. We will all encounter people who will try to deter us from whatever it is we desire. Remember we have to live for ourselves and what other people think of us and our dreams is none of our business. Don't get distracted, stay focused.


Keep diggin' it's in there...( In Due Time)


5 comments:

  1. Wow you never cease to amaze me my friend! A woman of many talents. I am so blessed to call you a friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Tashawn!!!! I'm so excited, so grateful for you too! It's really starting to get delicious, thank you for being there in the deep! I wouldn't trade you for anything!!!!

      Delete